A quick look into my daily schedule as a Modern 1950s housewife
Being a modern 1950s housewife I have to keep a schedule in order to accomplish everything that I need to do in a day! This schedule is focused more on my cleaning routine. It doesn’t include my time taking the big girls to school or dropping them off. Or focusing on my business. I also don’t schedule unschooling as that goes against our philosophy. I keep quite busy as you can see with caring for my home and my family and my own business!
- Make your bed upon waking
- Open up the curtains and windows
- Make and serve breakfast
- Clean up breakfast
- Start a load of laundry
- Straighten up the living room, open curtains, light dusting, quick sweep, put away anything that doesn’t belong
- Switch over laundry
- Go over dinner menu, take out anything that needs to be thawed or prepared ahead of time or anything that needs to be purchased
- Run any errands that need to be done
- Tidy the bedroom, including light dusting
- Do a quick clean of the bathroom including cleaning mirrors the sink and counter tops, make sure old towels are in hamper, and fresh towels are in place
- Start any pre-prep for dinner such as putting food into crock pot.
- Clean up from lunch and pre-prep
- Wipe down kitchen work surfaces
- Take out the garbage
- Detailed cleaning of this weeks rooms
- Start dinner
- Serve dinner
- Clear table and wash dishes
- Clean and dry sink and counter tops, sweep and spot mop kitchen floor, change kitchen towels
This isn’t a strict routine, there is a lot of give due to our lifestyle.
Though when done consistently most of the cleaning and such doesn’t take more than a few minutes. So it isn’t quite as overwhelming as it looks.